In today’s podcast, Dr Nirala Jacobi is in conversation with mould specialist, Dr Sandeep Gupta, all about mold toxicity and SIBO.
Dr Gupta is a specialist general practitioner who is a member of the RACGP special interests group in integrative medicine. He graduated from medical school at the University of Queensland 1999. Since then Dr Gupta served in a range of public and private hospitals in the South-East Queensland region, serving as a cardiology, medical and anesthetic registrar. He also has approximately five years of experience in working in Intensive Care, particularly in the area of post-cardiac surgery care.
Dr Gupta then went on to invest many years training in integrative medicine, and was awarded a Fellowship of the Australasian College of Nutritional and Environmental Medicine (ACNEM) in 2008 and a Fellowship of the Royal Australian College of General Practitioners (RACGP) in 2010. He also has a physician training certification with Dr Ritchie Shoemaker in chronic inflammatory illness and a Masters of Nutrition with Dr Gabriel Cousens in diabetes and living food nutrition. Other major influences include William Wolcott CN, Robert Marshall PhD, and Dietrich Klinghardt MD PhD.
He established the Lotus Institute of Holistic Health in 2017 to provide training in integrative medicine for those who seek it. He has also had an advocacy role in integrative medicine with a prior position on the ACNEM board, and a current position on the Australian Integrative Medicine Association (AIMA) advocacy committee, and is a founding board member for the Australian Chronic Infectious & Inflammatory Disease Society (ACIIDS) and the International Society of Environmentally Acquired Illness (ISEAI).
Dr Gupta strives to walk his talk in his own life, keeps up to date with current developments in the field, and genuinely aims to approach clients with respect, service and empathy. He believes listening and validation of an individual journey are some of the most powerful gifts and practitioner can give anyone.
- Chronic diseases in all ages
- Environmentally acquired illness, particularly chronic inflammatory response syndrome, mast cell activation syndrome and multiple chemical sensitivity
- Integrative cardiology including preventative management for those at high risk of cardiovascular disease
- Bio-identical hormone therapy
- MBBS (Bachelor of Medicine & Bachelor of Surgery, University of Queensland)
- FRACGP (Fellow of Australian College of GPs)
- FACNEM ( Fellow of the Australasian College of Nutritional and Environmental Medicine)
- MA (Masters of Arts in Live Food Nutrition)
- Australasian College of Nutritional and Environmental Medicine (ACNEM)
- Royal Australian College of General Practitioners (RACGP)
- Australian Chronic Infectious & Inflammatory Disease Society (ACIIDS) – Director
- International Society for Environmentally Acquired Illness (ISEAI) – Director
- Australian Integrative Medicine Association (AIMA) – Advocacy committee member & Sunshine Coast coordinator
- Functional Diagnostic Nutrition (FDN) – Advisory committee member
Topics discussed in this episode include
- Symptoms of mold toxicity.
- The triad of risk - the ways that mold toxicity can predispose people to SIBO.
- Dr Gupta’s specific CIRS indicators and tests.
- Advanced testing options.
- How to assess for a water damaged building.
- The SIBO Flow - what to do if treatment has cleared SIBO but symptoms remain.
- Binder options.
- The criteria for use, and dosing of supplemental VIP.
- Dr Sandeep Gupta
- Purchase visual contrast sensitivity test from
- Extra SIBO Patient Support
- Dr Jacobi’s SIBO Success Plan (coming soon!)