In today’s podcast Dr Nirala Jacobi is in conversation with digestive expert Dr Lisa Shaver, all about celiac disease, non-celiac gluten sensitivity, and SIBO.
Dr. Lisa Shaver is a ND, LAc with a passionate interest in digestive disorders (celiac disease/non-celiac gluten sensitivity, GERD, SIBO, IBS).
Other expertise areas include hormonal imbalances, autoimmune conditions and neurotransmitter balancing. Dr. Shaver has lectured at the following: AANP, Integrative SIBO Conferences, SIBO Symposiums, GastroANP/NUNM Gastroenterology Conferences, AZNMA Gastroenterology Conference, Institute of Women’s Health, Food As Medicine, amid other speaking engagements.
She is past president and past board member of the Gastroenterology Association of Naturopathic Physicians. She is the Gluten Intolerance Group of Portland branch manager since 2008.
Topics discussed in this episode include:
- How Dr Shaver came to specialise in celiac disease.
- The definitions of, and the differences and similarities between celiac disease and non-celiac gluten sensitivity.
- The 4 presentation states of celiac disease.
- The celiac disease trigger triad.
- Gluten intake levels required for accurate celiac disease testing.
- Testing requirements for celiac diagnosis.
- NEW - Stool testing to help celiac diagnosis.
- SIBO, celiac disease, and gluten sensitivity - what to do.
- Treatment considerations.
- Pediatrics and celiac disease.
CD & NCGS Testing - no affiliation
- Wheat Zoomer by Vibrant Wellness
- CD panel
- NCGS panel
- Leaky gut panel
- Cyrex Labs
- Wheat/Gluten Proteome
- Dunwoody lab - Dr Jacobi’s choice for
- Diamine oxidase